Muy interesante la visión de The 451 Group (Analistas TIC), sobre los estrategias y modelos de negocio Open Source.
Os ponemos a modo ejemplo, los modelos de desarrollo, en el artículo completo se explican cada una de las estrategias.
- The Cathedral: The source code is available with each software release, but is developed privately by an exclusive group of developers.
- The Bazaar: The code is developed in public, with builds and updates constantly made available on a public forge available to anyone.
- Aggregate: The vendor commercializes software that utilizes a combination of publicly and privately developed software and has no discernible preference.
- Community: The software is predominantly developed by a community
- Vendor: The software is predominantly developed by a vendor.
- Mixed: The vendor commercializes software that utilizes a combination of community- and vendor-developed software and has no discernible preference.
Enlace al articulo completo